Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Hubby!

Yesterday was my wonderful husbands 23rd birthday! I love him to death but he is the worst person to get a gift for simply because he doesn’t like anything (unless its Christmas related). Generally, being the crafty gal that I am, I make all his gifts, like for this past Christmas I made him a crocheted a mini Christmas tree. Figuring I couldn’t top that being limited on supplies (and ideas) I was just going to cook him a wonderful birthday dinner. Going through my miscellaneous craft stuff I found a blank 11 x 14 canvas and had the perfect idea, I painted his photography logo on the canvas and turned it into beautiful wall art. Recently he has been working on starting a photography business and the other week I finally completed his logo. I’m no graphic designer but I did a pretty good job on it and he loved it so I thought what would be a greater gift than that.
I had a few mishaps when starting the project because I was going to decoupage some paper around the edge to give it a “framed” look and couldn’t for the life of me find my paper cutter anywhere in the house, then I realized I didn’t have any small paint brushes. Besides those few problems it turned out great and it also gave me the idea to make a lighted table or box to make tracing a lot easier. I wanted to post a pic but the hubs wouldn’t let me, he said he wanted to wait to “reveal” the logo himself, but ill try to ask again to post it tonight.

No comments: