Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TuneUp your iTunes

Let me start off by saying that this is really not a craft related post, but it was something that made me happy and I had to share.

I've seen the commercials on TV for TuneUp for a while but I never remembered what it was when I got to the computer to try it out. If you don't know what it is, its an application that works with your iTunes or Windows Media Player and cleans up all your blank information such as track titles, album and artist names, album art, etc.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am very anal about my iTunes being organized. I Put some CDs on there for some friends when I didn't have Internet and some were mixed CDs and not having titles to songs an album art was bugging me. I had no way of doing this myself because I didn't know the songs so this thing was a god send.
After I downloaded the program and started it, it also loaded my iTunes, I selected the songs without actual names and dragged them to the box, and a few minutes later it had all the info that was missing and all I had to do was save. It also had a separate feature to find missing album art which I liked because it could find the ones that iTunes could not. It does have a thing to find duplicate songs, but I didn't need that.
Now that my iTunes is back in harmony again, all I need now is something to automatically add the lyrics to the song so I have them on my iPod if I need them., now that would be AMAZING!

a new iPod wouldn't hurt either :)

1 comment:

Francis W said...

Thanks foor sharing