Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday!

...to me!

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. It was a good day despite the rain that comes every year. We went to church and after a friend cooked us dinner that was delish. Spent some wonderful time with the hubs. It was a good day. My favorite part was when I came home and ate my microwave birthday cake. I first found the idea on pinterest. You can find it here.

Instead of a mug I used a little 2 cup Pyrex dish so I changed the portions to 4 tablespoons of mix to 3 tablespoons of water. I also got the Pillsbury icing in a can so I can keep it on the shelf with the cake mix.

This came out perfect. In only a minute I had a nice single serve cake. I thought it would lack the strawberry flavor since its mixed with the angel food mix but it didn't. I let it cool done before adding icing but still ate it warm.

I have to say this will be my new guilty pleasure since it makes a lot of mix to have on hand. Perfect for late night cravings!

If you try it in any other flavor leave a comment telling me how it was, would love to hear it.

1 comment:

Stephanie Messick said...

THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS!!!! :)